Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Jan 2000 14:18:44 -0500
From:         Rich Young <rich@ECODRAGON.COM>
Subject:      Busses By The Buoy 2000

I hope this is the proper area for a post of this nature.

Thanks in advance for the bandwidth.

As I sit here in my office on January 3rd, in downtown Portland Maine, my thoughts turn to the annual rites of spring. For you folks in the northeast, you know what I am talking about. For you folks from away, we get to play with our busses and vans for but a few months and then it's back to the garage. Anyway, we are having an unseasonable winter. There has been no accumulation of snow heya in southern Maine and the temperature right now is 51 degrees.

So, I started thinking about Busses by the Buoy.

For you folks who have no idea what Busses by the Buoy is about, here you go: We are now in our 11th year We choose a new campground every year (to mix it up for you folks from away) So, that means we are going to our 11th new site. Folks from all over the country make the trip up here. Last year folks from Pennsylvania, Texas, Florida and Canada made the trek. Not to mention all of the folks from New England & New Yuk :-) We have a huge lobstah feed Saturday evening. For the uninitiated, lobstah tastes like chicken ;-) A bonfire after dinner. Usually adult beverages are consumed, the prizes are raffled off. And most importantly, you can relax under the beautiful Maine sky. Not to mention a beautiful buoy you get to hang from your rear view mirror.

Last year we caravanned around Walker Point. George Bush's residence. You should've seen the Secret Service!!! All those busses and vans!

The dates are as follows; Friday September 15, Saturday September 16th & Sunday September 17th. Anyway, this year we are going to be at York beach. The campground is Camp Eaton and they do have a website www.campeaton.com. Cost is $20 per nite for 2 adults $3 per child and kids 6 and under are free. We can also double up on spaces this year!

More details will follow.

if you have any questions, you can e-mail me at rich@ecodragon.com

Once again thanks for the bandwidth!!

Rich "The Buoy Master"