Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Jan 2000 22:53:51 EST
From:         Vic Ahmed <DrVic955@AOL.COM>
Subject:      distress sale............................

Fellow Listees,

Due to a very nasty divorce (when aren't they nasty????????????????) I am forced to sell off the remnants of my VW/Audi restoration and parts business, which includes a few camper vans and a bunch of parts/manuals etc. Time is of the essence here, as I dont want to unnecessarily have to pay rent to store my stuff, when I could be using whatever paltry funds towards trying to put my life back together. Right now, I have two VW Westfalia full campers ready for sale, and three or four more I am currently working on. The details on the ones ready to go are as follows:-

1. 1983-1/2 Westy, full camper, ivory color, brown striped interior, 122K miles, 4-spd., overhauled engine with a pair of rebuilt heads and new rings and new clutch, new pop-top rubber seal, Bosch factory rebuilt starter, fairly straight body, decent tires, all camping equipment intact, California car, no rust, 12/2000 tags, recently smogged, runs very strong.................asking $4,995 or best offer.

2. 1982 Westy, diesel, white with a brown stripe, brown striped interior which is very clean for it's age, 4-spd., the original engine block cracked around the head-bolt threads, so I replaced the whole engine with a completely rebuilt, fresh 1984 model year 1.6 diesel engine and a new clutch. Also a California car, current tags thru May 2000, four almost new Michelins, straight and original car except just behind the left rear wheel well where the original tire blew out and dinged it a little at the very bottom. that area needs a minor straightening out. Other than that it is in great shape, and runs really strong and tight. New pop-top rubber seal (off-course!) Very clean inside. Asking $4500 for this one.

Other than these, I have an '84 automatic Westy I'm working on, an '85 4-spd. Westy, and an '85 automatic Westy Weekender. I will be posting these to the list when they are ready to go.

I also have a storage unit packed with Vanagon and Westy stuff, too much to list here, some new stuff, a lot of good used, some rebuilt, please e-mail me with your needs, I'm pretty sure I have it available. The vehicles and parts are in the Los Angeles area, and shipping is available.

I aplogize in advance for taking up your time, this is not a commercial enterprise at the moment, I'm just trying to salvage some of me enormous losses incurred during this very trying time. Thank you.

Vic Ahmed