Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jan 2000 14:39:38 +0100
From:         Raimund Feussner <rfeussner@GMX.DE>
Subject:      Re: Engine conversion ?

Hi Jon, actually I am from Germany, and guess why all people want to sell their Ford-V6 vans? Because of the Ford engine.

Yes, it is cheap, the first conversions appeared about 10 years ago. But many people donīt like the thought of having "third party" engines installed. They want to have VWs, Audis or Porsches.

A Ford-V6 driver I know has ruined 4 auto trannies and has now swapped to 4-speed. Know he wants to sell the van, blue/silver Caravelle Carat ī90 (the german Carat, not the U.S. version), fully equipped. Perhaps you also saw this ad in the "VW Scene".

However, many german vanagon drivers believe that the ford engines are not as reliable as VW engines. Also, VWs are better to install because of the similar engine/tranny mounts, the wiring is easier to adapt (dynamic oil pressure etc.) and so on...

Raimund (with Audi engine, and no Ford EVER!)

----- Original Message ----- From: Jon Stanton <JDStanton5@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 4:43 AM Subject: Engine conversion ?