Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jan 2000 16:03:00 -0600
From:         Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: cv boots

Hi Dennis, You have probably just hit the nail on the head. I use regular Valvoline Moly EP (molybdenum) in the 35 pound tins. I have always used more than 45 grams of moly and even stuff some into the boots. But I will get a scale and measure out 45 grams next time as you mention. I feel my tendency to over lub the joints may just be the problem. It could cause the boot to distort if all the lub settled to one side and then stress the boot at highway speed. This is probably why Tom's boots tend to fail more than mine. His foot is heavier. Come to think of it his fox's boots don't fare very well either. Strange I have never seen this mentioned before on the various lists or if it was I ignored it. Thanks for the tip and also thanks to the many who responded to my cv boot post.

Darrell

----- Original Message ----- From: Dennis Haynes <dhaynes57@email.msn.com> To: Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>; <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 10:51 AM Subject: Re: cv boots