Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jan 2000 22:33:14 -0500
From:         Cesar Baptista <cesarali@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Headlight protection

A few weeks ago I asked the list for clever ways to protect one's headlights from getting those annoying pinholes that allow moisture to fog them up. I was not satisfied with the responses although not ungrateful to those who tried. However, I think I may have come up with something on my own and wanted to share it with the list for two reasons:

1. If any of you smart folks (anyone a chemist?) can explain why it won't work, I want to know. 2. If it works I want praise and appreciation.

The rub---> Apply clear acrylic nail polish to the lens! (It's cheep, hard and clear!)

I just completed a 1200 mile trip on I-80 and was pelted with many pebbles from at least one flatbed truck carrying used tractors and my headlight lenses (post-application) are fine!

Conclusion? Luck? Brains?

What do y'all think?

Cesar Baptista

86 VW Golf Diesel 82 VW Westfalia Diesel 51 Chevy 1/2-ton 83 Honda Magna 750

[text/html]