Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jan 2000 21:29:02 -0800
From:         Max/Joyce Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: '87 2.1L rad. fan hose nipples?
Comments: To: Bulley <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>

I'm not the VW expert that Senor Bulley is, but just like the Rabbit and Vanagon heater cores interchange and all water cooled VW's use the same radiator cap(even saw one in an AutoZone store last week), methinks the fan does double duty with the old Dasher fan and rather than using the thermo switch to turn it on, a supply of coolant flowed through there and when the coolant got too hot, the fan kicked in. I am surprised that VW didn't at least have the decency to cover the holes with protective caps. Opps, I forgot... that would've added another $20 to the cost of the vehicle!!...and the replacement caps would've been $50 each. How stupid of me. BTW, didn't Jenny Craig say she was going to start marketing a stain removal product pretty soon. I think she has access to a good "before and after" piece of clothing to do some testing on...

Dimwitted Moose and Flying Squirrel 90GL 141k daily driver-----Original Message----- From: Bulley <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 1:45 PM Subject: Re: '87 2.1L rad. fan hose nipples?