Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Jan 2000 10:50:31 -0500
From:         Pierre A Lachance <palachance@CCAPCABLE.COM>
Subject:      best cars, worst cars...dream cars

just decided to get a little personal about the subject... my cars: the best car I have owned for the price was a 60 beetle that i bought for 75.$ in 69, lasted two years and sold it for 50.$... the car I really liked was a 59 porsche roadster 1600 super (convertible with a light top) bought it in 66 ...kept it three years . the car I loved the most , an austin healey sprite 59, bought in 61, kept it five years... broke my heart when I sold it... now for the worst cars: three VW 1500, two squarebacks and one sedan, bought them used 71,72,73... worst for the engines, the first flat engines ??? never understood why german engineers, the best in the world as what they think of themselves and I do believe them, could put such a thing on the market... and keep on building them. my dream car to go around the world is still my west, but with a renault engine in it... never heard of anyone "going through" one of these engines, but for the rest of the renault car, well.... I have been a good reader of this list since september and really enjoy it, practicing my english... and still trying to find out how and why van owners etc etc are still van owners after all the problems, the same problems we do have all the time ??? so to all the readers, members and writers, the bulley, rodgers, marshall, doktors, per, etc etc, the very best for 2000, health for yourself and your vans...the rest of all your dreams will follow...

pierre a. lachance lac beauport, quebec

zephyr weekender 85 green apple beetle 00