Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Jan 2000 13:26:31 -0500
From:         =David=M- <dmc@CYBURBAN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Some points on why the Wasserboxer was the way for me...

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:16:42 -0500 From: Pierre A Lachance <palachance@CCAPCABLE.COM> Subject: Re: Some points on why the Wasserboxer was the way for me...

no, not " me too "...if you have owned several VwS over the years, I do not really think that power for a conversion is the true reason, well maybe in a state where there are a lot of hills , but personal opinion...it is a good and reliable engine to leave quebec city, canada to drive down to florida anytime or argentina sometime without having to worry, about hearing sounds, different sounds then usual heard or a light that suddenly comes on , a smell , a vibration and trying to know what this " time" is going wrong ??? two years ago next march, I had a vw long block and a dealer rebuilt engine put in for 4000.$ cdn and I am always thinking, when I will have to rebuild again in the future ??? 1,2,5,10 years...next one will be a conversion with a cummins truck engine if somebody on this list tells me it is the best ??? happy....whatever... ----------------------------------------------------------------------- If you have such fears and they bother you so much, why not just buy a chevy or ford conversion van with a reliable V8?