Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Jan 2000 07:44:07 -0500
From:         Frank Miller <fmiller01@SPRYNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sliding door fell off center track....

The Bentley says about all there is to say about the removal process. Mine was a bear to get off even after removing the two screws on the bottom of the cover. The top part of the cover fits in a channel that runs the length of the panel - great rust catcher for us salt-zone dwellers. It just slides up to remove. BTW, the trolley that runs behind the cover & supports the door is removed by lifting it off the track at about the mid-travel point. If it just somehow fell off, you might try opening the door half-way and trying to get it back on track to get the door moving again. Frank Miller

At 02:14 AM 1/9/00 -0500, Veedub wrote: >Anybody ever have problems with their sliding door? Mine fell of the >center track today. I can't even get the access panel off without >mangling it. Any suggestions on how to remove that panel properly? I >read up in the Bently. Not too descriptive. Just says to remove the >two screws and pound it out. > >Once I get this thing apart I will be able to determind if anything is >broken/worn. > >Jay >82 Vanagon 1.6TD > >+======================================================================+ >| jewing(at)sprint(dot)ca | http://kozmik.guelph.on.ca/jason/ | >| * Rent a VW Bug Limo : http://kozmik.guelph.on.ca/limo/ * | >+======================================================================+ > Frank Miller

Alternative Business Systems "Leaders in Customer Relationship Management Solutions" 4216 Indianola Avenue Columbus, OH 43214-2826

Tel: (614) 447-0060 Fax: (614) 263-9086 URL: www.altbussys.com