Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Jan 2000 21:15:40 -0800
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Some Engine Conversions (fomerly "TO WATERBOXER OR NOT"??)
Comments: To: VANAGONE@AOL.COM

When are we going to see a kit - as soon as I get a customer who wants to install a VR6 at our shop - the adapter plates arn't the problem, it just designing a good motor mount system that won't vibrate the van to pieces and is ecomomic to make - the VR6 should proove interesting! The eventual plan for our Westfalia is to prototype a VR6 kit (yes, the deck lid will have to be modified!) and after it is refined send it to market - this process took almost two years with the inline four kit and it is still an ongoing process to some degree! Just to settle some of the "exhausting" questions out there - we will have an exhaust system that uses the stock Vanagon muffler and cat by the late spring / early summer that will work with our kit (yahoo!). Lots of experimentation to do with deciding on which exhuast manifold to use as there are so many choices out there. The 88 thru 92 Golf / Jetta "PF" looks like the canidate though!

So lots of tricks up my sleave, just a little too cold to work on them at this moment!

At 06:29 AM 12/01/2000 EST, Jerry Granito wrote: ><<<- Get a VR6 you'll have more fun and save money.>>> > >So David....when we gonna see that VR6 kit?!!!

-- David Marshall - - Quesnel, BC, Canada -- -- 78 VW Rabbit, 80 VW Caddy, 84 VW Westie, 85 VW Cabriolet -- -- 87 Audi 5000 Quattro, 88 2.0L VW Syncro Double Cab -- -- David's Volkswagen Home Page http://www.volkswagen.org -- -- Fast Forward Autobahn Sport Tuning http://www.fastforward.ca -- -- david@volkswagen.org (pmail) or vanagon@volkswagen.org (list) --