Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Dec 1999 18:21:52 -0800
From:         Doktor Tim <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: Eurovan Fire Update

At 07:50 PM 01/14/2000 -0500, you wrote: >Hi All, > >I had hoped to have some good news on my 93 Eurovan, but it has now turned >into a case of SSDD...Same Shit, Different Day. >They will not address the issue of loss of use, loss of market value, etc. > >This is frustrating, my next move is going to be litigation. > >Ric >

As a lawyer, you know you must hire an attorney to prepare the case. Representing yourself will be risky in the face of VWoA. Their lawyers might shread you to pieces with a dozen $350 hours. I have filed suit twice in my life. In one case I got all I was asking, eventually. In another, small claims, representing myself, with what I thought was a lock cinch case, I got half 'cause I did not submit one piece of evidence I had with me but failed to enter.

Search diligently for evidence of other Euro fires due to the hoses. Document those to show a general culpability to the public. Guess what, if you find 3 or 5 or 7 more, mayby the VINs will all fall within a narrow margin, and would be circumstantial to a defective batch of hoses for a short period of production. Did Continental make those hoses for VWoA?? Another deep pocket exposed, wouldn't you say???

I always hesitate to suggest to anyone to file suit. If I was out the kind of damages you have suffered, I feel I would also have to pursue it. Once filed the media might be interested in the story of the HardHeadedNeanderthals of VWoA who are pushin' and shovin' around one of their clients, and others.

What is the word from NHTSA?? Did you not send them some info??? Perhaps contact your representatives State/Federal and see in this election year if one of them will "liberate" you by making VWoA more liberal with the idea of fixing you with like kind or better transportation. It's the kind of story that could get a candidates name mentioned without the cost of advertising.

The only thing else I can say is, if I was on the jury, I'd be very interested in seeing the defence, 'cause I can't imagine them having suitable explaination for their actions.

This is like adverse possession, push and shove. If you don't shove back, they win. If you shove hard as you can, you still might loose but you have a good chance of winning, in my very limited opinion, not actually being a lawyer myself, I am just playing one now. Get an independant qualified non-interested Lawyer to review and advise.

Have you reviewed and Shepardized the relevant law?? Hand your counciler all the evidence and all the law you have found in the form of an outline with exibits. Your many hours invested thus far can bring him/her up to speed in short time.

What ever happened to the insurance co.?? I want to know again what company that is so I never pay a premium to them.

Don't mortgage or sell the farm to finance litigation.

Dang, I feel for ya, and wish I could make it better. Alas, keep us informed as you will.

Sinc.,

T.P. Stephens aka Doktor Tim Surveyor, Mechanic, Poet, Philosopher San Juan Island, WA