Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:28:05 -0800
From:         A & C Grobey <alien1@JPS.NET>
Subject:      Re: 2000 Eurovan at local dealership

I watched them build the EV in the factory at Hannover last April. It is a very nice well built van. Too bad its not much different from a Chrysler and twice the price!

Although I am not looking to get rid of my '91 Carat anytime soon, the EV would be a nice step up. The problem is the price. To get a Carat (multivan) style interior with a pop-top, I would have to spend at least $37K or more! I can buy a lot of nice Vanagons for that price! Or better yet, I could spend less than that and have my van nice enough to show in magazines. (I'm starting to get exited now. I'm thinking Porsche conversion.) My wife would love to step up to the low miles and VR6 power and the new car reliability and feel, but how can you justify $37K? The EV is nice, but the Vanagon with its rear engine and superior interior space is better.

Like all of us, I wish VW would build a refined Vanagon. I would pay $37K for a new Vanagon with a VR6 in the back and a brand new Vanagon interior. They could even improve the tolerances of the exterior sheet metal and smooth out some of the squareness of it. Ken, I blame you for getting me dreaming like this. Lets change to another thread, I'm getting depressed.

Alan Sherwood, OR