Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:07:08 PST
From:         Sean Cole <yturn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      More on Curtains....

I use a one piece double-sided curtain which hangs from snaps around the top of the interior of the van. It begins above the the suit closet, turns in back of the front cabin and wraps back around across the slider and hatch window. One side is exposed black felt for summer and the other has mylar glued to it for the summer. The curtain hangs three feet down. In the winter, because the curtain does not fir flush against the window it creates the illusion of an empty dark van. If I secure these curtains properly and remain still, it is impossible to detect my presence in the van. The drawback to these curtains is that it diminishes cabin space and takes about 5 minutes to erect. I use a solar fan in the cieling vent to stay somewhat cool. I've always had the idea to create some device that would allow you to securely crack the hatch in back to draw a draft across the lower bed.

As far as parking location goes, I've become an expert at this. College towns are relatively hassle free when it comes to sleeping in cars, and Wal-Mart has a policy of not hassling overnight visitors. The best way to sleep without hassle is to drive to the closest interstate rest stop.