Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Jan 2000 12:07:33 -0800
From:         Donald Newman <donaldnewman@USWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: [ev_update] RIP 93 Eurovan
Comments: To: ev_update@egroups.com

Richard,

I'm glad the litigation is avoided. On the other hand it would seem a good lesson needs to be learned by VWoA in customer relations and responsibility, and I felt you were just the right person to do the teaching. I hope their monetary settlement will be better than their previous work, or perhaps that is wholly up to your insurance company.

Don / 99 Weekender

Richard Golen wrote:

> Hi All, > > I just got a call from the insurance adjuster....my 93 EV is going to be > totalled. He stopped by the dealership where it is being repaired to see > what additional work needed to be done. The mechanics had pulled the engine > and transmission out so that they could replace the insullation and fuel > lines. Once the engine was out more damage was revealed, and the total > amount of damage is now sufficient to total the EV. > > All plastic and rubber parts on the steering rack were melted....the heater > hoses and heater box for the rear heater were melted....the wiring harness > which serves the rear of the EV was melted....the fuel lines near the fuel > tank were almost melted through...if they had melted through there might > have been a catastrophic explosion (I had 1/2 of a tank of gas). Aparently > the flames from the fuel fire exited out through the bottom of the van. > > So I have to go this week to remove all of my personal stuff from the EV > and say good bye. > > Now its time to think about a replacement....maybe a camper....who > knows....I'm not sure if $30k for a new EV is the route to go. > > Ric > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > The experience is coming. > http://click.egroups.com/1/671/1/_/1963/_/947955495/ > > -- Create a poll/survey for your group! > -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ev_update&m=1

[text/html]