Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Jan 2000 23:17:47 -0800
From:         Steve <Steve@SCHWENK-LAW.COM>
Subject:      Hollister Hills Syncro Testing
Comments: To: SyncroSafari@onelist.com, Syncro@onelist.com

We are still trying to figure out the best time to do the syncro suspension testing at Hollister Hills state off-road vehicle park in central california. (http://www.hollisterhills.com/parkinfo.html)

Peter Buettner is waiting to get the airsusprnsion for the rear springs and we may also be able to get a prototype set of rear syncro springs as Mark has dropped off a rear spring at Betts, but we don't know yet whether it will be possible to get a prototype set for testing before they do the production run.

It is also still up in the air as to whether we make this a weekend campout or just a one day event. I think making it a weekend would make it much more enjoyable. We could do a lot more testing and trail riding, and have time to even swap out springs if we get the Betts prototype. The park has a special camparea on the upper ranch that can be reserved for a group, and it's cheap. There are even showers at the lower ranch (the motorcycle area). The place is huge and scenic with some great views. I have never been to the upper rance area, though, only the lower ranch.

Anyway, we should have proposed dates soon. I suspect it will happen in March. E-mail me if interested, and if you have not already.