Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:02:29 EST
From:         Robert Lilley <Wolfvan88@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: optical distributor
Comments: To: brbikes@rica.net
Comments: cc: vanagon@vanagon.com

Myron,

I believe the kit is called Compu-Fire It is a computer controlled module that sits on top of the current distributor and Eliminates the rotor, points, etc. It has two coils that fire directly to the plugs. NO Voltage loss to worn out rotors. It is under $180. Look in Hot VWs for the best price, check shipping costs also some shops add extra to shipping.

It is similar to crank firing ignition system, but it goes off the distributor rotation. I have been thinking about a system for my 73 Bus T4 engine to come off the TDC dowel pins in the flywheel.

I would like to get this kit for my 88 Vanagon, but the ECU controls the timing and firing.

Robert