Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Jan 2000 00:08:34 EST
From:         David Utley <DIUTLEY@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine management (manual control of mixture) A new angle...
Comments: To: Wolfvan88@aol.com

Part of the reason why you have more power then is the reason why dragsters only start their car just before the line, and push the cars up to it. Cold engines make more power, as the air density is higher, and you have more air to assist that extra fuel. This won't help when the engine is warm.

I do have an idea as to increasing the mpg, though. I have long considered buying one of those "tornados" . SImply put, it is a non-moving fan blade that you put in your air intake plenum. As the air passes though it ( with little if any restriction), it swirls the air around it, causing the fuel to aerate (sp) better, and therefore increasing power and mileage. I saw that the catalog, "The Auto Shop" which is run by Sears, but with products from Eastwood Company (refinishing prod.s), and everything I have ever seen in there was high quality. I would like to get one for my car, but finances are limited right now. I have to get one running first. :-)

David