Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Jan 2000 08:07:59 -0800
From:         Max/Joyce Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon grilles and lights
Comments: To: Dick Taylor <hetchins@MONTANA.COM>

I agree with Dick on the moly bolt issue. That kit costs more money anyway. I added large stainless steel fender washers under the bumper to spread the load on the fiberglass(90GL) bumper. I too took a couple days on my installation. Only screw up was getting the lights slightly off center on the bumper. I'm not that anal about it. The wire I tapped into for the low beam only worked fine. The hellas won't turn on with out the headlight switch being on, but you can turn the hellas on and off with their switch. I mounted the hella switch in upper left hand corner of dash gauge module and it does well there. Yes, the stone shields are worth the extra bucks and I too have never been flashed by oncoming traffic.

Dimwitted Moose and Flying Squirrel -----Original Message----- From: Dick Taylor <hetchins@MONTANA.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Saturday, January 22, 2000 1:29 PM Subject: Re: Vanagon grilles and lights