Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Jan 2000 16:03:33 EST
From:         David Utley <DIUTLEY@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon Digest - 22 Jan 2000 to 23 Jan 2000 - Special issue

Perl wrote;

> Hello All! > > Something that helped the wife's Cabriolet was a new ( I guess) light > > that Wagner puts out. It's called a 'Brite Light'. They make it in all > the > > usual configurations, speaking of that, isn't the Vanagon a 6054 type bulb? > > > Anyone? > > I believe it's a 9004

If it is the case that all Vanagons use the 9004, 9006, etc. bulb, ie the bulb you can replace without the whole lense, then Vanagons cannot benefit. The real benefit here is the lense design. It is not so fluted on where it projects light to the sides.

> > Anyways, this brite light has a Xenon bulb > > Does it have the special electrical module so you can feed the bulb with > 14000 > volts? If not, then it is not a Xenon bulb. >

It says it is a Xenon bulb. If it does not, then I would think they would get in trouble with false advertising. Who knows? Is it possible that it has a smaller amount of xenon gas? Anyone?

> > and also a different > > lense configuration that allows more light to the sides. The good news is > > that it is cheap, no more than 15$ a light, and it is available/orderable > at > > most good parts outlets. Also, it is DOT legal. > > It is probably some form of Halogen, Krypton etc. with a blueish color. >

No, not blue. Just white

Yes, I see from some of those flames attacking me that he was kicked off the list. I apoloogize if the mention of his name offends. I make it a policy to never discuss politics with parts people. :-) In other words, I had no idea he has these thoughts, it is all new to me. Sorry if I offended anyone.

> PerL > 87 Syncro 112i

David, the new and often offending one, that is. ;-)