Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Jan 2000 15:54:55 -0800
From:         Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: Problems searching the archive
Comments: To: Dick Taylor <hetchins@MONTANA.COM>

It helps to use shorter periods.... one, two or three months at a time... AND narrow search criteria (there's somewhat of an art to this... a simple example would be if you're looking for information on springs to search for springs instead of suspension; another would be to search for viscous instead of coupling or viscous coupling or Syncro... try to pick the one work that could only apply to what you are looking for... you get the idea) AND perhaps most important... if the search is slow and you are timing out.... try searching at hours of the day that are not so popular... i.e.: not at 5, 6 or 7 P.M.... search late or search early. Good Luck Bill -----Original Message----- From: Dick Taylor <hetchins@MONTANA.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Sunday, January 30, 2000 1:24 PM Subject: Problems searching the archive