Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Jan 2000 00:18:42 -0500
From:         Scarlet Semko <damosem@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: archives, Please Read This
Comments: To: Bill Nolan <bill@FREEHOLDER.COM>

I agree. And my vote would be to keep the questions coming.

I know it's a hassel sometimes to hit the delete button alot of times, but I would rather hit the delete button than miss a tip, or a hint that would help me down the road, literally.

Two other points come to mind:

1. What if we did not allow anything other than, go to the archives. I think that pretty soon all the info we had was all the info we would ever have. Our knowledge would stop pretty much where it is if someone couldn't voice a question and have someone, perchance, voice a new answere to an old problem. That would be a sad day for us all.

and 2. In my mind, and I think in the minds of many here, this is a community. A bit unconventional, perhaps, but I feel a strong sense of community in this list. I know that I have invited total strangers in my home when they were passing through, and for no more reason than they owned a Vanagon. And I have never been sorry for it, I have, I believe, grown richer from the experience of the meeting. I have helped folks for no more reason than the own a Vanagon, and I have grown from that experience as well. Just recently I have sent an open invitation to the list regarding the tour america 2000/2001 to come to the campground when passing through, and I would put them up. I have read many others offer as much or more. I have read of others going out of their way to help a fello Vanagon owner. And I myself have been helped by the collective wisdom of the list and I do not just mean in mechanical matters. I have come to my keyboard in total frustration, ignorance, and confusion with a problem and have been helped by so many of you all.

To me this list is more, much more than an extension of my Bently. More much more than a steril archive without feeling and compassion, and understanding. Read the replies, read the cries for help. There is so much humanity here within this list.

Well, there's my $.02 worth. I could go on, but I know that many feel as I do.

Ron Semko Orlando, Florida