Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Jan 2000 03:40:11 -0500
From:         ÇÑ»ó Tim Crooks <anc1cde@ADELPHIA.NET>
Subject:      Accel. cable changed, still sticky

Well, I did it, managed to change the cable. Was harder than I thought, the connection to the rear linkage was all rusted and frayed. My accelerator still sticks however. Seems to be a flat spot, in the return spring actions or something at the almost open position. Releases if i give her a slight kick. A simple work-around, but not too good in the ice or snow with an automatic. And my throttle is used in this position a lot, I have to pull away from three tolls each way to work.

I went back and slicked up the linkage on the throttle valve with graphite. I am not sure if I have the spring hooked to the proper thing or not. Does it go to the hole on top, or the one that is on the swivel that swivels on the shaft of the throttle valve. Why are there two places in the first place, are there supposed to be two springs? The Haynes manual I have is of little use, it is for UK's only and has very little USA fuel system info.

-- ¼ö°í Çϼ¼¿ä, (Work hard, but don't kill yourself at it) [Korean Proverb]

Tim