Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:32:07 -0000
From:         Phil Marston <pmarston@INSTECH.CO.UK>
Subject:      Re: Fw:      Re: Hydraulic valve lifter (mis)operation

Hi,

I followed this advice to the letter on my 1600 aircooled and it seems to be fine, I get the odd noisy tappet now & again but they always seem to go away again. One thing that suprised me was how little oil leaked out when I took the valve covers off (the van was pointing downhill at the time), I assume everything is getting the lubrication its needs as nothing appears to have seized up.

Phil T25

----- Original Message ----- From: <KENWILFY@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2000 2:09 PM Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Hydraulic valve lifter (mis)operation