Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:19:16 -0800
From:         BRENT CHRISTENSEN <bchristensen@INFOGENESIS.COM>
Subject:      Re: stereos
Comments: To: Todd Last <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>

One cool thing that donned on me this past weekend when I was pulling out my stereo, is that you have perfect access to the back side of the unit for lining up the mounting hole and pushing wiring out of the way as you insert it into the dash - just remove the ashtray! :-)

Brent Christensen '89 GL Syncro Westy Santa Barbara, CA

-----Original Message----- From: Todd Last [mailto:Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM] Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2000 9:04 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: stereos

I have a Pioneer KEH-P7800 in the dash, and the CD-Changer mounted behind the front seat because I did not want to take up any cabinet space. One note, if you use the Crutchfield web-site, be aware that their program will tell you that many in-dash units will not fit the Vanagon, when in actuality they will.

Anyway, the neat thing about this Pioneer is that it comes with a wireless remote which allows me to turn off the music without having to get out of bed while camping!

Todd '88 Westy