Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:01:31 -0500
From:         Bob Donalds <bostneng@FCL-US.NET>
Subject:      Re: repeated water pumps failing
Comments: To: KENWILFY@aol.com

KENWILFY@aol.com wrote: > > I would ask who is installing the belts on this beast. Could be a case of > "over-tighten-its" or they could be using the Armstrong method of vanagon > service (if it ain't broke, tighten it until it breaks). > I would also replace the pulley on the water pump (or at least inspect it). > Could possibly be bent or somehow out of balance. > Does anyone have any idea that maybe a resistance in the cooling system (like > a restricted hose or partially clogged radiator) could put some extra strain > on the pump? Just an idea. >

Ken and the list thanks to all for the replys I sold them an engine and the installer is very good and has my full trust I am sure the belts have not been over tightened. I failed to mention all of the pumps leaked from the vent hole. the bearings have never failed or made noise. the lubricant in the antifeeze is something I had not considered I do think its far to say the pumps cant all be bad the system pressure cant go past the cap pressure and the cap checked out and will be again thanks Bob