Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Feb 2000 22:18:26 -0800
From:         Chip & Stephanie <shaner@FAMENT.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2 Bugs and many parts must go!! Moving!!
Comments: To: Michael Snow <mwsnow@HOME.COM>

Whoops.. I am in SE Kansas. :)

Michael Snow wrote:

> Maybe I haven't been paying attention. Where are you? > > Mike Snow > 1982 Westfalia 1.6TD > Camp Pendleton, California

We are going to be making a move and I am going back to school. Therefore, for the time being I must depart with my VW projects. I would

like to sell the whole lot as a group as I have no time to piece it out.

-66 Bug..Looks good and runs good. Light yellow paint, red interior. Pretty sure both paint and interior are original and both look quite good. Runs well, has a single port motor of unknown displacement though I doubt it is original Good looking tires and matching hub caps. 6 volt, all electrics seem to work including the original radio. Rust- battery tray (4" square), drivers heater channel, drivers footwell. Brakes need work. I have some new cylinders and shoes (included of course) but have not had time to mess with it.

-67 Bug This is a shell. Missing fenders, deck lid, interior. Trunk has big dent in it. The electrics from this car could help in a conversion of the 66 if you were so inclined. All glass and doors are present. No engine but tranny and steering stuff is all there. Includes 4 bolt chrome rims in fair condition. Tires are SAD, I don't think it could be towed very far.

Included is my smallish stash from the last 5 or so years. This includes

a Stewart-Warner 12 volt heater (works), pop out rear quarter windows for '65+ bugs, and a whole bunch of other misc. stuff from my split/bay busses and other bugs that I have owned. The stash needs to go as a unit, I do not have time to piece it out.

I think that the '66 is worth at least a grand by itself, so I am asking

$1500 (remember the gas heater) for the whole lot. I will also entertain

a possible trade for a laptop computer of similar value.

Successful purchaser will need to take possession by April 1.

Thank you and if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Chip Shaner 5 kids and 1 cookin !!!!