Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Feb 2000 08:19:18 -0800
From:         Doktor Tim <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>
Subject:      Doktor Tim's Website was Re: KYB  was deal on Boge

At 09:17 AM 02/05/2000 -0600, you wrote: >Hi >In the time I have had KYBs on my 78 bus, I have replaced 4 of them, all on >the rear. They last about 6 months, and then leak all the oil out, >rendering them useless. My 87 Jetta has been through FOUR repalcements on >the rear!!! These cars are NOT driven hard, or off road. IMHO, KYB makes >the car handle great.....for a VERY short time, then they go away.

Can you say "Bilstein"??? They come with a lifetime warrenty that you will never need, the only kind of warrenty worth anything 'cause their specs far exceed the second best wannabees. They cost twice as much as any wizbang substitute which is far less than what you have already spent on too many others, not even considering the labor for multi short lived replacements.

It will take a 'coupla more months, but I will have a web site soon wherein you can order ANY Bosch part they manufacture (except oil filters) as well as the highest quality German brand names, including Bilstein. One point of data. I can't tell you how many 30+ year old Mercedes I have seen with original 200k+ Bilsteins still functioning as new. I am familiar with one 43 year old 220S with 700,000+ miles on the chassis with an amazing number of original parts, not the least of which are the Bilsteins.

Aftermarket brands will be limited to the rare few that have been shown over time to EXCEED the value of OEM over the long haul. Items made of paper mache' and marzepan(sp) will always be available from others, including the aforemention Bosch oil filters.

T.P. Stephens aka Doktor Tim San Juan Island, WA