Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Feb 2000 22:01:34 EST
From:         Keith Olsen <VintagePkr@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Diesel Vanagon L FS or swap for PU NYC area
Comments: To: bpchristensen1@home.com

Hello all, It looks like I am going to need the services of a Pickup with a cap for the spring so before I sell my 82 Vanagon L diesel outright I figured ther might be someone on this list who might like to swap outright a diesel Vanagon for a VW diesel PU. The Vanagon is in good solid shape and currently registered and inspected in NY state. I updated that crappy uncomfortable courderoy brown 7 pass seating for an 85 tan velour 7 pass seating setup. The van is brown bottom tan top. Exterior is very solid with the only slight rust at the flat spot above the front bumper It has the usual blind spot bumper crunch in the pass side rear and has some scratches from a “keying.” The OD says 169K and there is a receipt in the glove box from the PO for a head job a few years ago. I put in new glow plugs at the beginning of the winter and this van started on the coldest morning we had (2F with -30 wind chill) cruises easily at highway speed but really sounds happiest just under 60. It has the diesel heater but it has never done anything more than click when I turned it on. Also the blower fan is currently not working. But basically I would love to find a pickup in the same condition as this van. I have an 87 vanagon which is currently getting new heads and an 85 Golf diesel which is my daily driver so the diesel vanagon is the one which is going on the block to finance the pickup. I would sell it outright for $1500 The only criteria for the pickup is that it needs to have a cap and not have any structural rust (ie floors or shock towers) that makes it unsafe or not roadable. I have had one before I know all of the hot spots. I am located 20 miles north of NY City. Feel free to e-mail me with any ideas / offers or for more info. Keith Olsen 87 Vanagon Wolfsburg 85 Golf Diesel 82 Vanagon diesel 79 poptop loaf