Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Feb 2000 18:21:55 -0800
From:         Ken Wyatt <kokopellis@ATT.NET>
Subject:      FS: 87 or 89 Westy, Utah, USA, ~$6K

Hi Vanagonauts,

I have a guy (Frank)at my work whose wife owns a 1987 or 1989 Westy that they are planning to sell soon. I think it could be a good deal for someone on the list. Currently I can have first dibs (sp) on it. I will probably not buy as I want a 4WD to access the mountains here in Salt Lake in winter.

Last fall a friend of mine wanted a westy and I found this one but they wanted about $9000. In December they talked to a local shop who told them that no one wants Vanagons anymore and that their prices have dropped significantly. Frank said they would probably let it go for about $6000, maybe even 5000.

The westy is nice. Here is what I know about it. 130K mileage. Not sure the year, late 87-89 Heads have been done they have all receipts of all work It has been well maintained it does need a skylight cover replacement from what I remember seeing it was rust free. I think it needed a poptop seal also. It is the dark blue paint I have not driven it, heard it run, or driven in it. But I would like to if someone wants me to for them. oh yea, it has air cond.

If anyone wants more info or to check it out, email me at work days: nrogm.kwyatt@state.ut.us evenings: kokopellis@att.net

It hasn't been listed in any ads yet but could be soon. They are moving to Santa Barbara, CA and say it is going to be sold.

Have a fine eve, Ken 82 westy

Roll onward, Ken