Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Feb 2000 17:10:02 -0800
From:         Kirk Persing <persing@SJ.BIGGER.NET>
Subject:      My 84 Surges,like a short in injection

Hi, I am new to this site,it looks like you have a lot of good advice for each other. I need some, My vanagon surges when excellerating or at a steady speed,some times it has plenty of power and other times it feels like I have a fourty horse for a engine. I have done my homework and replaced the air flow sesnor,ox sensor,temp sensor2,checked all grounds and cleaned them.I even intsalled that expensive wiring harness between the afs and the computer to stabilize the voltage,it worked for a week then went back to the irratic performance like before. Sorry I am running on ,but I am really stuck this time. I paid 500 for it and now I know why,all this after I replaced the rear main seal. At least I did everything myself it would have cost me alot more. Could injector do this ? I am having doubts. How bout the computer? Maybe theres to much spam in it. This is my first waterboxer,I like the ride even loaded with construction tools

Please Help Thanks, Kirk Persing