Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Feb 2000 17:59:34 -0800
From:         easoars <easoars@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Fw:      Re: Hydraulic valve lifter (mis)operation

Now i'm confused...to double check what I did...please let me know if I did it wrong...I brought each cylinder to top dead center...I adjusted the valves that had the piston at top dead center. Ensuring the lifter was not collasped and the push rod centered I took 1 1/2 turns versus 2 like the bently states. Now after I did this the car missed and at start up it seemed to have no compression until the lifters started doing there thing. I will follow up with a compression check. Is this right or wrong... I am referring to hydraulics. Andy Wild Wild Westy 82 ----- Original Message ----- From: Bob Donalds <bostneng@FCL-US.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 10:28 AM Subject: Re: Hydraulic valve lifter (mis)operation