Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:49:22 -0600
From:         Alan Bosch <arbosch@RA.ROCKWELL.COM>
Subject:      Found these For Sale in Rochester, NY

The place where I bought my '88 Wolfsburg has the following for sale:

'80 Westy, 80.5k miles, air cooled, 4-speed. "Needs work". Asking $1495. Impression: Interior looks good, if somewhat used. Body in decent shape, not banged all to hell, but showing it's age. Was told that the motor needs new seals, if not a complete overhaul.

'85 Westy, 165K miles, 4-speed, body in decent shape - there is no rust, but there are areas that appear to have been repainted - aftermarket AM/FM/Cassette with what appear to be factory speakers, no a/c, front and rear tables in the bus, sink/stove/fridge appear very clean, however I do not know if they work, good pop-top seals, no rips in canvas. Asking $5995. Impression: looks like a good bus if you don't mind the miles. Interior looks used, but anything with 165K is going to look that way.

'91 Vanagon GL, 98K miles, auto tranny, does not have the Carat or Wolfsburg interior. 7 seat arrangement - captains chairs up front, middle seat, rear bench. Body is in excellent condition. No dings, dents, or major scratches. Asking $7995. Impression: looks like a very good bus. The interior is in great shape and the body is excellent.

'93 EuroVan, 54K miles, 5-cylinder, auto tranny, 7 passenger seating. Body looks great, interior is equally good. Asking $8995.

I have looked at all these but not driven them. The place selling them is known for their Vanagon work in the Rochester area. I have no interest in the sale of these vehicles. Just a satisfied customer of sales and service.

CDI, Inc. 7494 Victor Mendon Rd. Victor, NY 14564 Phone: 716-924-3598 WebSite: www.cdicars.com (all above, and then some, are listed on the web site, with pictures)

Thought someone one the list might be able to use this information.

Alan Bosch & Phred ('88 Wolfsburg) Rochester, NY