Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Feb 2000 20:00:01 -0500
From:         Tom and Mary Beth Wayne <tmwayne@NR.INFI.NET>
Subject:      Re: Well, maybe I did have some trouble...
Comments: To: Richard Bias <rbias@HOTMAIL.COM>

Hi Rich and Annemarie: I had that same problem a couple of years ago and it was my temp gauge. Just a thought, may want to have it tested.

Tom Wayne '84 Westy '86 Jetta '98 Jetta TDI

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Bias [SMTP:rbias@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2000 2:24 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Well, maybe I did have some trouble...

All, Remember I said the Van ran great to Pittsburgh and there were no issues... Well, maybe I do have some trouble. Here are the quick details... The Van ran great to Pittsburgh and back but as we stopped at a store right outside of Pitt, I noticed the Temp gauge go up to about half way through the LED warning light (a little above normal). I shut the engine off and waited for Mark to come out of the store. He came out, we went to get the seat and at Eric's house, I looked at the overflow tank and it was FULL and the reservoir had some air in it. (BTW, I just did my head gaskets about 2 months ago). We drained the overflow tank down to just above low, filled up the reservoir again and were on our way home. The return trip was fine. I figured it was a foul reservoir cap so I got a new reservoir cap on Monday and the Van is still running great, Temp gauge is and has been fine, heat works great, overflow is in spec (right above the low mark) BUT, and this is a big but, there is still some air in the Reservoir after I run it to operating temp. The coolant level in the reservoir tank is not below the hose inlets but it still has air in it. There is also an ever so slight line of foam or bubbles around the edge of the coolant in the air pocket in the reservoir. The color of the coolant seems to still be a fresh blue so... Am I looking for an issue or do I really have an issue?... Thanks. Rich and Annemarie 85 GL "Buba" 98 Bug ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com