Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Feb 2000 21:53:00 -0700
From:         BILL <billv2@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: *&$%     interior trim - where to get?
Comments: To: Chris Fall <cpfall@UCDAVIS.EDU>

Click here for additional information http://gerry.vanagon.com/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind9905D&L=vanagon&P=7799

The paint is still holding up great! I used BEHR best exterior house paint Satin. Applied two/three coats, Can wash off any dirt with mild soap and water. Some lower sections that I reglued are now coming apart again at the stress points. All the cabinets that had the wallpaper were painted (only the wallpaper sections) and that which was wallpaper that you can see was textured also. The glue does not hold up under extreme weather conditions. It seems as the weather gets cold, the wallpaper shrinks. And at all the stress points it starts to bubble. My interior cabinets are offwhite/beige. I'm not sure how the sides would hold up as they get a lot more abuse. But the cabinets and upper locations are great!

Bill "I'd Rather Be Hiking The '82 CA Westy [FreeBird] Greater Yellowstone" "The Gem State" http://pages.prodigy.net/billv2/web%20page/FreeBird.htm