Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:54:34 -0800
From:         "Johnson, Darrell" <JohnsonD@SYBRONDENTAL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Bucking - A Proactive Approach?
Comments: To: "vwmark@CONCENTRIC.NET" <vwmark@CONCENTRIC.NET>

Mark,

When I bought my Vanagon I went through the extensive service records kept by the previous owner and noted that the dealer had installed the harness kit you mention to correct hesitation-bucking. According to the previous owner (a friend whom I still work with) it did fix the problem. I have not had any drivability problems.

I did note that before applying the harness fix the dealer had on a previous visit changed the fuel filter, plugs, plug wires, rotor-cap, "adjusted the injection to spec," and added a bottle of injector cleaner to the gas.

I would imagine then a general round of regular prudent tune-up maintenance would be advised before this application.

Darrell Johnson '90 Vanagon Carat Mission Viejo, CA

-----Original Message----- From: Mark Upton [mailto:vwmark@CONCENTRIC.NET] Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2000 2:16 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Vanagon Bucking - A Proactive Approach?

I aquired A Technical Bulletin from April 30,1992,It states After driving for an extended period of time at a constant speed,the vehicle may,on occasion,experience a deterioation of performance which may be accompanied by a hesitation or surging. In many cases,after turning off the engine and subsequent re-start or without having taken any action,the symptoms disappear.These symptoms may not recur for several weeks or months. Service:To resolve this condition,wire harness Part no.025 906 302,should be installed.This harness provides improved signal stabilization. remove electrical connector from air flow sensor. Install wire harness,Part no.025 906 302,between main harness connector and air flow sensor connector. This tech bulletin Subject was Driveability Complaints.Had anyone heard of this harness being used? David Maguiness wrote: