Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:41:53 -0500
From:         McComas_Glenn <mccomas@SHORE.INTERCOM.NET>
Subject:      Jiffy Lube
Comments: To: andys@ECE.UBC.CA

I stay out of those places. Since it's FRIDAY...... They have killer profit objectives. They even messed up my company car, a Ford Tempo..... Wanted to sell me a trans service, which I declined. They slammed the hood=bonnet down so hard {I could hear it} that one headlamp died. Two days later my garage floor was awash in ATF. Pan had been loosened. Our company shortly tied-in with a reputable gas station and contracted with them for all company car lube work.... no problems since then.

Have a reputable shop take a look at your underbody and the inside walls of your tires. It could be they ran off the jack and did more damage than you think.

Concerning the quality of filters, check previous postings on the Digest. There are strong feelings about which is the best because of internal construction and compatibility with Vanagon oil pressure relief systems. From List vendors the price is quite reasonable.