Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:49:47 -0800
From:         "* MtnGal ( Debi Tippets)" <MtnGal@SIERRATEL.COM>
Subject:      Pierre & listee's traveling out of your area this season??...
Comments: To: Pierre A Lachance <palachance@CCAPCABLE.COM>

Hey, Pierre....

I recently took a trip to Florida. Thanksgiving weekend I was in the KEYES. Many of the old homes were still dressed in Christmas lights, it was a memorable trip to say the least.

It's an Awesome sight of "The Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Oceans in one panoramic view" AND KNOWING ONLY A HIGHWAY DIVIDE THE TWO.

A few suggestion for your trip: 1) If you love seafood like I do and there is any chance you might squeeze in a "snow crab" dinner look for them!! ( though they might be out of season)

2) I can tell you how inexpensive these cruises are, but you wouldn't believe me!!... Some are just dinner/some are gambling, HOURS VARY. I would sway you to: Check into the CRUISES at "BAYSIDE" they can really make the trip extra special, Free live music, and of course shops are available before boarding... never a dull moment.

3) Try to be at the "most Southern tip" OF FLORIDA at SUNSET... WITH CAMERA IN HAND. Pray for a clear day, WOW what a sight!!

4) Try to give yourself lots of time to visit as many of those little shops and local museums as possible, IT WAS INTERESTING AND FUN FOR ALL

*****TO ALL LISTEE'S****** Might I suggest WE make a banner for OUR back windows to identify WE are a "vanagon listee", Hopefully on our travels the LOCAL VANAGON people will NOTICE US!!....... might even list our e-mail address'?... We might be amazed at who approaches...

Pierre, You might not notice them if they are in their daily driver instead they'll see you pass and be jealous because they see your loaded for fun, off having fun in your Van!! < BIG GRIN>

Well it's just a thought, I know it would be a great way to make a new friend on the road....

On this trip I took: My only regret is my kids were all in California I captured some things on video for them. Good news is all 5 of us will be taking a flight at the end of the school season to visit again This time it will be specifically to check into moving, you know, "if" the kids love it there, too. :0)

MtnGal