Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Feb 2000 00:05:32 -0600
From:         Steve Sandlin <ssandlin@LCC.NET>
Subject:      did I offend...

As a list vendor (albeit a very small business) I must base my locksmithing business around serving the customer. If that means taking an extra 5 minutes to fill out the necessary paperwork on a $5 purchase, so be it. If I serve my customers well, they will continue to be my customers. COD is an option that I use. I am so small that credit card acceptance would take a big chunk, forcing an increasing in my prices that I cannot justify. I have yet have a prospective customer back out of a transaction because of the necessity to send me either a check or money order, or accept a COD shipment. I have yet to have a customer's check bounce, also, although I'm sure that one day it will. Yes, I've screwed up orders. Yes, I've made them right, too. It is a two way street. It is necessary for the customer to trust the vendor, but the vendor must also trust the customer, and diligently work to sustain that level of trust. COD...no problem here! Steve Sandlin www.steveslockshop.com '84 Wolfsburg Westy '79 Transporter '00 New Beetle