Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Feb 2000 16:31:00 -0500
Comments:     Resent-From: Chris <ncbus@mindspring.com>
Comments:     Originally-From: Chris <ncbus@mindspring.com>
From:         Chris <ncbus@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      EVERYBUS 2000 - East Coast Bus Gathering and Campout
Comments: To: type2 list <type2@type2.com>

Hi, everybody!

EveryBus 2000, the second anual event will take place April 14th, 15th and 16th at Hagan Stone Park which is located 8 miles south of Greensboro, NC. Last years event brought 60 buses from as far away as Canada, St. Louis, Boston, Atlanta and points in between. All buses are welcome. Last year we had buses form 1959 to 1989 camping along side each other and it was truly a site to behold! We will be camping in a reserved camping loop that offers a picnic table, electrical and water hookups at each site. The infield area of the loop is open and provides addtional camping space for those who want to rough it. The infield also offers a picnic shelter with tables and fireplace as well as a seperate area for a bonfire.

Hagan Stone park is a 400 acre wildlife and nature refuge and is absolutely beautiful in the Springtime! There are walking and hiking trails, several playgrounds for kids( one of whick is right in our reserved camping area, and some nice places to bike. There are also some tent camping sites available if you would prefer to be in a more secluded area. Each tent site site offers a picnic table, tent pad and fire pit. These are not resered by EveryBus but there are at least 40 of them so if you get there Friday you should be in good shape to get a nice one.

EveryBus begins Friday morning( I was surprised to find poeple already there when I arrived last year:) The theme for Friday is relax and get to know your bus neighbors! Friday night bring your acoustic instruments and something musical will make itself happen under the picnic shelter.

For Saturday morning we are thinking of having one of those Boy Scout Pancake breakfasts for $4.00 a head. What do think? I need to get some feedback( no pun intended ) to the Scouts about how many might really eat so they can decide it will work for them. Saturday afternoon there will be a fieldtrip to see the METWIZ and his bus metal headquarters which is located about 15 miles from the campground. If you have not seen Kelly's work now is the chance. Currently in the shop are 1956 Sunroof Standard, 1956 23 win, 1957 23 win, 1958 HD deluxe, 1963 Sundial, and my bus just left there with lotsa new metal including a Beta test set of the new METWIZ jack points whcih you can see at the campout.

Saturday night at about 8: OO we will draw for doorprizes. Last year we had a good haul and hope to get some more good donations. If you would like to donate a doorprize please let me know buy email. Vendors are welcome to donate parts and they will be recognized at the drawing and on he website. Please dont forget the kids! We had lotsa kids last year and had some generous doorprizes of bus toys that put lotsa smiles on childrens faces. After the drawing there will be more music and socializing!

Sunday morning will be time to get up early for the IVWA show, swap, and races at Farmington. We will do our best to arrange a caravan of sorts to leave a little earlier this year. Farmington is about 50 minutes from the campground but worth the drive if you are looking for parts, wanna see even more buses, or like Type1 drags.

Please visit the website for EveryBus and you will find pics and stories from last year, more speil, and directions.

http://www.mindspring.com/~vw69bus/everybus.html

If you need more information, have suggestions or want to donate a doorprize email me a nbus@mindspring.com!

One last thing. This is a family event so DONT leave the kids at home:)

-- Chris Greensboro,NC '72 Westfakia '67 Deluxe http://www.mindspring.com/~vw69bus/everybus.html