Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:40:48 EST
From:         Tim Belanger <VW87Wolfsburg@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hesitation and 90 Carat FS

Being on teh road for work have not had much time to work on my problem. But before I left on sunday I figured I would try the simplest suggestion I was given to address my hesiation issue. Someone had sugested to me that it could be a timing problem, and then that some day someone on the list suggested the same. (Thanks to whoever suggested!!) Advanced my timing a little bit and my hesitaion dissapeared!! While I was doing that noticed my rotor was pretty arced, gonna replace the cap and rotor this weekend. Then should also be able to tell what is happening with my gas milage(in the company van this week). Thanks again to all for there sugestions.

Also found out about that the 90 Carat in the Tampa area. Its red, has a cd player, up graded speakers. AC works. Pwr wimdows, criuse. The slider door handle is bad, and the carpet is not perfect, but the seats are!! The inside is REALY clean. The odomiter says 96,000 miles on it but it has A BRAND NEW MOTOR. The guy said the owner put the motor in at 90,000. The engine was clean enough to eat off of!! And started right up and sounded good. Ran it with the ac for a bit and let it heat up, all seemed well, second stage fan worked and stuff. The guy said that he wants $7000 for it, and may bargin. I tried to get number of the owner but the guy at the used car lot says he is a doctor and does not like to be disturbed and that he can bargin for the man!! I explained to the man about the list and told him I will let them know, and he asked that I not post his number. ( he does not understand the list concept) I am almost tempted to buy this one myself and resell mine, but have bonded with mine and can not part with it. Let me know if you want more info and if you are REALY intersted.

Tim 87Wolfsburg