Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Feb 2000 19:03:36 -0500
From:         Lawrence Johnson <larry_avery.johnson@SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Re: pop-top (closing)

For the follicley challenged, the head stopper method leaves a dirt spot on the mouse fur. Here is an easy method for those who wish to keep the few strands that

remain on our heads: - close the doors and windows and screens. - release the pop top and let it start down - stand facing the front of the van with your hands on the canvas on the left and

right front corners - as the top comes down, gather the canvas in your hand and press forward firmly (don't let the canvas pinch in the fastener) - the canvas on the sides will want to billow out of the sides and back unless you press firmly forward (don't let the canvas pinch in the side supports) - when the top drop stops, neaten up the canvas on the sides by pulling in any wayward bits and neaten up the front so that it rests evenly across the front - snap the fastener into place

To raise the top, always open a door or window -Larry '86 Syncro Westfalia