Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:01:34 -0800
From:         Joseph Tu <joe_w2kas@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil cooler: possible to use AC condenser?

Hello List,

This is my input on the oil cooler bit. I have one installed on my van, one from autotech, with the thermostat equipped sandwhich adapter. Its a 10 row cooler and I mounted it onthe backside of the storage area below the rear bench. I know you're sayig there isn't much direct airflow there, but the cooler works anyways, as a big heatsink. Also about the oil temperature, I think there is an ideal temperature to run the oil at, and it might be different for different oils. I don't know if I am correct, but I think there is a temperature at which the oil adheres best to the metal in your engine and provides peak protection. I don't know exactly what it is for each oil, but I am guessing it is a 20-30 degree celsius range, that would make sense, since trying to maintain a mroe acute range would be difficult. Anyways, if anyone wants input on mounting an oil cooler I will be glad to help.

Joseph Tu 90 Vanagon - with some performance mods

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl M." <thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, February 18, 2000 10:50 AM Subject: Re: Oil cooler: possible to use AC condenser?