Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Feb 2000 09:05:47 -0800
From:         Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: oil change humor-NO vanagon content
Comments: To: Gina <GG811@SENTRYMICRO.COM>

Gina, Hey, you're my kinda gal! Tell you what... you come over and change the oil and I'll do the cookin' BTW are you single? :) Bill 90 Westy Syncro Lake Tahoe -----Original Message----- From: Gina <GG811@SENTRYMICRO.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Saturday, February 19, 2000 9:42 PM Subject: Re: oil change humor-NO vanagon content Mike and John... Okay, you bet I can do that oil change without stripping the drainplug...you sit back and drink your beers...just pass me one...I can do more than one thing at a time :-) and while Im at it, I'll tune it up...pass me another beer...wash and wax? uh, pass me a six-pack...oh and a step ladder (im only 5'4 lol)

John wrote:

Mike Miller wrote: > > Gina, > > I truly resent, no absolutely abhor, the terrible, probably terminal, > misrepresentation of the male gender put forward by this diatribe. > > There is no way, it is not possible, no, not even as a concept that any > reasonable, or unreasonable man would waste all that time with that fricking > oil when there was beer to drink. > > So there. > > Mike > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Gina <GG811@SENTRYMICRO.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2000 3:18 PM > Subject: oil change humor-NO vanagon content > > > sorry folks...i just had to :-) > > > > Oil Changes... > > > > Women: > > 1. Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 since the > > last oil change. > > 2. Drink a cup of coffee. > > 3. 15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly > > maintained vehicle. > > > > Men: > > 1. Go to O'Reilly auto parts and write a check for 50 dollars for oil, > > filter, oil lift (AKA kitty litter), hand cleaner and scented tree. > > 2. Discover that the used oil container is full. Instead of taking back > > > > to O'Reilly to recycle, dump in hole in back yard. > > 3. Open a beer and drink it. > > 4. Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands. > > 5. Find jack stands under kid's pedal car. > > 6. In frustration, open another beer and drink it. > > 7. Place drain pan under engine. > > 8. Look for the right size box end wrench. > > 9. Give up and use crescent wrench. > > 10. Unscrew drain plug. > > 11. Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil; get hot oil on you in the > > process. > > 12. Clean up. > > 13. Have another beer while oil is draining. > > 14. Look for oil filter wrench. > > 15. Give up; poke oil filter with Phillips head screwdriver and twist it > > > > off. > > 16. Beer. > > 17. Buddy shows up; finish case with him. Finish oil change tomorrow. > > 18. Next day, drag pan full of old oil out from underneath car. > > 19. Throw oil lift (AKA kitty litter) on oil spilled during step. > > 20. Beer. No, drank it all yesterday. > > 21. Walk to 7-11; buy beer. > > 22. Install new oil filter making sure to apply thin coat of clean oil > > to gasket first. > > 23. Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine. > > 24. Remember drain plug from step 11. > > 25. Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan. > > 26. Hurry to replace drain plug before the whole quart of fresh oil > > drains onto floor. > > 27. Slip with wrench and bang knuckles on frame. > > 28. Bang head on floor board in reaction. > > 29. Begin cussing fit. > > 30. Throw wrench. > > 31. Cuss for additional 10 minutes because wrench hit Miss December > > (1992) in the left boob. > > 32. Clean up; apply Band-Aid to knuckle. > > 33. Beer. > > 34. Beer. > > 35. Dump in additional 4 quarts of oil. > > 36. Beer. > > 37. Lower car from jack stands > > 38. Accidentally crush one of the jack stands > > 39. Move car back to apply more oil lift (AKA kitty litter) to fresh oil > > > > spilled during step 23. > > 40. Drive car 1/2 quart low for 7000 miles when it'll be time for > > another > > oil change > > >>>>>>>>in all fairness, i personally add... > > 41. Go to 6 different parts stores looking for a new drain plug for the > > lady friend who got hers stripped at Jiffy Lube Mike,

You right. Judging from the story, I must admit that Gina is quite knowledgeable and well informed about the oil change process. Maybe SHE could do the oil service while we drink beer? After all it would only take her 15 minutes and of course she WOULDN'T damage the drain plug.

Kind regards to Gina, John

[text/html]