Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:29:59 -0800
From:         Steve <sxs@CONCENTRIC.NET>
Subject:      Re: Syncro Testing
Comments: To: Davidson <wdavidson@thegrid.net>
Comments: cc: syncro@onelist.com

Yes, we are proceeding with the front spring project. One group already has Betts front syncro springs. I have a set but have not installed them. Betts is making the prototype rears to match the fronts already made. These springs add about an inch over what the vans had with stock springs andf bilstein shocks. I want to test them for stiffness and to make sure they are not too tall for my preferences. I also want to see if it woulkd make sense to have a set of fronts made that are a little stiffer than stock, but not enough to require getting a new set of rear springs. So, after the testing, we may make a new order for rear springs, and two different sets of front springs. And don't forget the air suspension for the rear. I saw the set-up in Peter's garage and it looks high quality. steve