Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:33:46 -0500
From:         John Anderson <jander14@WVU.EDU>
Subject:      '87 Vanagon FS/Trade (pics now up!)
Comments: To: type2@type2.com

'Well pics now up at:

http://www.digital-galaxy.net/~keen/pic/johna/

Thanks very much to the evercharming David Raistrick for the space.

To summaraize again this is an OK beater to run with 103k miles head gaskets and much more at 85k about 2 years ago but... Body with dents and dings all over, pretty good crease to left rear corner and left rear bumper. Trivial (much less than WV average) seam rust where body is dented and on seam below drivers door, but OK for an '87. Body condition is worst part of this Vanagon. A good beater to drive or a great parts van to keep something else running.

Kelley online says $2500 in fair condition, which is about where this thing is, asking $1900 with newish 27x8.5R14 Firestones or a bit less without on crap to roll you home. Brand new WV safety inspection, ready to drive anywhere, worth the asking for the engine and the auto tranny alone. Located in Morgantown, WV, about 1.5 hours from Pittsburg, 3 from DC or Baltimore.

Will trade for a nice clean rustfree Bus camper body '72-'79 with blown engine or tranny of equal value. Must be manual tranny, prefer full Westy '76-'78 but will consider hightop Adventurer or Safare, only condition of body important, engine or tranny can be blown or not even present.

I think I emailed the pic addy to all who were interested, if I didn't and you need pics actually emailed please email me again, thanks.

John Anderson (304)291-3357 jander14@wvu.edu