Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Feb 2000 01:03:34 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@HIWAAY.NET>
Subject:      VW Parts CD Rom

While shopping today via phone with a VW Dealer Parts Dept, I learned that the Vanagon Parts catalog, while still available on microfiche, are now available on CD ROM. I suggested that in the interest of customer service they should be downloaded and made available on the internet so the consumer could do his own parts search, and then order from the dealer, instead of haveing to go through some parts guy at the dealership. My man said no way is that going to happen right away. Perhaps later, but not soon. He said VW was to busy extracting every nickel they could out to the dealers. Case in point, to read the CD the dealer has to rent by the month from VW some sort of CD reader that attaches to the dealers PC.

Told him I thought that was pretty bogus. He said yeah, wasn't it though. He said that one day maybe VW would get off of sitting on its thumb and figure out that customer service is the Key to Success, and post the parts catalog on the net. It would be a lot easier for the customer, and the dealer.....but as long as VW can squeeze the dealer........won't happen.

My $.02

John Rodgers "88GL Driver