Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:59:30 -0800
From:         zzIML-VANAGON <IML-VANAGON@I405.COM>
Subject:      Driving Bus to Washington next week! 3.44 + .82 going in this wee
              kend...
Comments: cc: Tristan Pfeffer <Tristan@i405.com>

Howdy Volks on the Vanagon list -- my transaxle stuff is splitty specific (reduxtion boxes and all), but my offer to deliver things and have beer is good for any bus owner :) Splitty, Loaf, waterboxer, or otherwise. Anyway...

Lots and lots going on. I've been working way too many hours the last few months and have not done much with my bus since the last drive down to Arizona at the start of December. I've gone home to Seattle twice since then, but flew out of Vegas (which isn't exactly easy given that Lake Havasu is still 3 hours away (one-way) from Vegas).

BUT NOT GOING AIRPLANE THIS TIME... I'm driving my 1967 Westy!

This next trip, schedule for departure on Wednesday (7 days from now) I am driving the 1350 miles to Seattle spending about 12 days there then driving 1350 back here to Arizona. So if anyone needs any thing delivered TO WASHINGTON, please let me know (I'm pretty full on the return trip). I know someone in Colorado wanted me to deliver something, but I'm likely going to go the I5 route again (Sacramento instead of the Salt Lake City route)... but maybe if the weather is good I'll venture it... but I'd rather stick to known mountain passes (Oregon)...

I'm also proud to announce that Tristan and I are getting Married March 25th in Las Vegas!

Anyway, putting the Todd Hill 3.44 R&P with .82 4th transmission in this weekend. Fixing some engine seal and engine tin problems too. I'll have my GPS and tach working for that long (driving solo) 1350 mile trip next week and I'm sure you hear all about how the 3.44 works compared to my currently stock transaxle.

I know some of you wonder what the heck I've been doing down here for 3 solid months in Arizona... what I'll say is that the grand opening of the new on-line catalog will happen before my marriage! We are starting testing/preview really soon. Keep your eyes on http://www.OldVolks.com/ ...

Thanks to all. Anyone in Sacramento, Eugene, Grants Pass, Portland, elsewhere? want to get together for a beer latter half of next week?

P.S. I don't think I've seen any mention on the list of the April VW Trends coverage of Rancho's new bus transaxle .77 4th and 3.88 R&P combo... first I have ever seen outside-our-list references to a .77 4th in a early Bus.

Stephen Gutknecht Renton, Washington == On Location in Lake Havasu City