Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:14:26 -0600
From:         Jennifer Jones <jj1@MAIL.TDS.NET>
Subject:      List members in either Detroit or Chicago area

Hey there -

I am in the process of buying an '85 Westy located in Farmington Hills. I live in Madison WI, so I was fervently hoping that maybe some list member in Detroit might be taking a trip to Chicago sometime soon and could maybe drive the van down? Or, that some Chicago person might be visiting Detroit and could drive the van back home?

Picking it up in Chicago is no problem as it's only a couple hours from here and I have family there - I could even come down on a weeknight. Going to Detroit is another matter, as it would probably mean a hotel and then driving two cars back the 450 miles to Madison. Obviously, I'll do it if I have to, but it'd be great to figure out another option.

I'm actually out of town next Wed through Monday, so it wouldn't be 'till after that. The absolute dream scenario would be if someone could meet me at O'Hare when I get in and I could drive the van back to Madison rather than having to take the Greyhound! I'm not expecting this can happen, though, so anytime March 6 or after would be just as nice.

If anyone could help me out, I'd be ever so grateful!! And hey - you'd get to drive a cool Westy... (you're saying "gee - what a great deal")

Thanks everyone, JJ