Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Feb 2000 09:33:50 -0800
From:         Stuart <stuart@COBALTGROUP.COM>
Subject:      Re: can someone help me?
Comments: To: tina <tina@BENTONREA.COM>

> tina wrote: > > hi, > I have a 1990 vanagon camper GL and I purchased it from a dealer > (yes, I paid to much) anyway, I am getting it from the shop today cuz > it had a blown head gasket.

What shop? The dealer? Is it a VW dealer?

I was told they were new when I purchased > the van. I have kept up on all the maintenance and found it odd that > it was blown since they were new (a year ago).

Not uncommon if the work was not done properly last time.

I have an extended > warranty on it, but it will end soon. The other thing is.. it sags a > bit to the left (where all the cabinets/fridge/stove etc are.) You > can tell from looking at the vehicle from the back. Is there suppose > to be a sag due to the weight? or is it really suppose to be perfectly > even & straight?

My favorite frame and Wheel shop, Tru-Line in Seattle, can adjust the right front spring to level the van for about $50. They all lean after a few years, I had mine leveled last year.

> What I really need is someone to take a look at it & tell me what > all should be fixed. or what parts need replacing. It is my first van > and I really LOVE it. I just don't want to get screwed out of fixing > or replacing what should be fixed/replaced before my warranty runs > out...considering I paid quite a bit for the van it should be in tip > top shape & I want to be sure it is before my warranty is out. > I am in eastern WA between Tri-cities & Yakima. If there is anyone > out there who would be willing to take a look for me, I will pay them. > or, if you know of someone who would, PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

Tru Line will check out the brakes, tires, CV joints, steering and suspension for you, and will give you an honest estimate to repair what is worn. You might want to have a good Vanagon shop in Seattle check out the drive train while you are here. I think some are listed on Vanagon.com, if not check the archives or ask the list. If you don't find anyone in your area, plan on a trip for a couple of days to Seattle, it will be worth it! Feel free to call me if you have any other questions, you can camp in my driveway if you want. Tru Line will want your van for most of the day, so plan on doing a little shopping in downtown Seattle that day!

> thanks, > tina > 90 vanagon camper GL

Stuart 800 909 8244 x 8208