Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:31:12 EST
From:         John Wessels <EUROMOG@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Chevron Fuel Sys Cleaner with "Techrolene" (sp?)

I have been recommending Chevron for almost 15 years. It has a low sulfur content and that reduces the carbon build up in both the intake system and the injectors. After cleaning thousands of CIS fuel injectors and having customers switch to Chevron many experience 3-4 MPG better fuel mileage. The Techron additive on top of a cleaner running gas really is a great combo for keeping the inside or your engine clean.

I used to have a '75 Rabbit that I built into a Euro GTI spec car. It had dual Mikuni Solex's and an S&S header with an Ansa exaust and no Cat. I took it to Baylands raceway several times for Wed. night bracket racing. If I ran any gas other than Chevron it always ran a half second slower in the 1/4 mile under the same weather conditions. That car was a screamer and didn't stop spinning one tire until after the 2nd gear shift. I made to the quarter finals several times in that car even with the lousy reaction times it generated. I had much better results in winning with my '69 bug.

John Wessels European Motorsport Livermore, CA http://www.euromog.com